How did we miss this beauty? A few weeks ago French Express released a new free EP by one of it’s own, Isaas Tichauer. It’s Tichauer’s first EP of the year with two tracks on it, ‘Changes’ would the the A side, ‘Questions’ a high quality B side. ‘Changes’ is this fantastic deep track with a hovering bassline and a good long break. Essential tune of the week.
Cyclist adopted ‘Root Down’. That’s an old track by the Beastie Boys, which originally appeared in 1995 on their ‘Root Down EP’. Disco touch by Cyclist, which is a pretty original combination. Especially since so much of the original is left uncut. Cool.
Talk about leaving classic (pretty much) uncut. Jean Tonique slightly pitches up Q-Tip and Raphael Saadiq’s ‘Get Involved’. Also a nineties classic, originally released in 1999. A forgotten gem.
Last track before this post gets too nostalgic. Snoop Dogg and Pharrell’s ‘Drop It Like It’s Hot’ received treatment by Kartell. Third hip-hop/disco rework in a row, that’s a pattern.
- Fion – Boulder Cash
- Mr Probz – Waves ( Lukas Brzostek Edit )
- Fakear – Life In Grey (Fakear Remix)
- Evol Intent – Dead On Arrival (TBT Remaster)
- Mad Satta – Oh Lord
- Bonham – Jelly
- Hermitude – Get In My Life (Jaytee Remix)
- When You’re Simply Ready – Botox Injection
- Brad Shit – Casbah Breakdown
- Major Lazer, Pharrell Williams, Shiba San – Aerosol Can (niceone Okay Fix)
- Brain Tan – Relapse
- Kae Uh – Choice Skids (Ōzaka Remix)
- Barrio Lindo – Libres (Glenn Astro’s Rhythm Tool)
- P0gman – You Cant Handle This
- Moodwax – Keep it Real
- Harrison x D-Lank – 8Bit Foreplay
- Sigma – Divine
- Daughter – Medicine (Sieren Edit)
- KiNK – Sintezator
- Isaac Tichauer – Questions
- Parasite Single – The Hunt (La Boum Fatale Remix)
- Major Lazer ft. Amber of Dirty Projectors – Get Free (The Letter “C” Remix)
- Joker – Digital Mainframe
- Wake Owl – Candy (Women Of Big Sur Remix)
- Owsey & Resotone – Come To Me, Whispering Sea
- Chordashian – Skyscraper Souls feat. Freedom Fry (Acapella)
- Afr0jack ft. Sn00p D0gg – Dynam1te (Neki Stranac Remix)
- DJ GETDOWN feat. DR.NO – LA PASTA
- Zella Day – Seven Nation Army ϟ Kasúal & Rasmus Juul Edit
- ZZZ – Honey
- Boy Kid Cloud – I Need You
- Zeds Dead – Hadouken
- Polymath – Heard It All Before (Polymath Remix)
- The Ninetys – I Know It Has Been a While
- roomRAMBO – Wrong Number
- Low Pros – Muscle feat. Juvenile (TWRK Remix)
- Du©k S▽uce – NRG (CVPELLV Remix)
- Incontext – Someone (Deep Focus Remix)
Great to hear Q-Tip like this.
photo by Michael Ostuni
Canadian STINT picks up Q-Tip’s ‘Work It Out’ from his 2008 album ‘The Renaissance’. STINT lays down a chilled out instrumental underneath. Be fast on the download though, track is only up for a few days.
Kraak & Smaak are set up for a tour including lots of shows in the Netherlands, but also a few dates in the US and Turkey/Hungary. All in aftermath of Kraak & Smaak’s most recent album ‘Chrome Waves’. ‘How We Gonna Stop The Time’ is a track from that album, and the duo is sharing (another) free remix on that track by Russian producer Valique. Impressive once again.
Brooklyn duo Manicanparty lines up their next free track titled ‘Warpaint’. That’s another track in what has grown to be a list of very well produced pop tracks. ‘Warpaint’ is the groups newest track after releasing their Manicanparty EP in late 2013, which was pretty close to being called an album.
Lemaitre did a remix on Martin Solveig’s pop production ‘Hey Now’ last year. After a while, it is fanially up for free download. Is somewhere inbetween EDM and Indie Disco, quite nice.
- MSCLS Ft Knox – Make It Hot
- Redlight – C.A.S.S.I.E
- Figure – Infinite Lives
- Spag Heddy – The Master VIP
- TrollPhace & Alex Sin – Talk Shit
- Funeral Suits – All Those Friendly People (Coyu Remix)
- Hundreds – Please Rewind (La Boum Fatale Remix)
- Lavish 189 ft. Paul Phoenix – African Thing
- Lavish 189 ft. Simpiwe Mathole and David Nqayi – Energy
- She’s So Rad – Levels (Kutcorners Remix)
- Youan – We Back
- Oliver Koletzki – After All (Claptone remix)
- Pacific Shore – Eclipse
- Temple – Sunni Colón (starRo Remix)
- Major Lazer – Pon De Floor (Taiki Nulight “Ravers” Remix)
- X Gets The Crest – I Need You (Phazz Remix)
- DarkElixir – Creeper
- Joeski,Jesante – Song For Frankie
- Razzz – April
- Q-Tip – Work It Out (Stint Remix)
- MATT LATCH – Moon Stone
Annie Mac’s free track of the week is particularly good today. She features a track bij London artist Tourist. Story behind the track is that Tourist has a forthcoming EP on Disclosure’s Method Records titled ‘Patterns EP’. On that EP there’s ‘Can’t Keep Up‘, a beautiful collaboration with Will Heard. Annie Mac is giving away Tourist’s dub mix of that track, sharing the announcement op the original EP dropping on April 20th.
Not sure where this is coming from but Benjamin Francis Leftwich gets several remixes today. Kygo picks up ‘Shine’, from BFLs 2011 Album ‘Last Smoke Before The Snowstorm’. Here’s the original for comparison. No need to explain Kygo by now, check out previous posts on Kygo.
Cincinnati producer Simo made the leap from mainstage EDM to a form of modern day disco. In a year Simo has produced slightly more disco stuff and this latest remix just gets best of both worlds. Zedd’s ‘Find You’, the vocal stuff by Matthew Koma and Miriam Bryant to be more precise, gets an eighties inspired rework by Simo.
Also turning to disco(ish) stuff this week: Mat Zo. He is sharing a free track properly titled ‘Oldskool Trip’. Goes back that nineties, early daft punk time when the first house guys were throwing in old disco records to make filter house. Good to see these guys busting out some different moves, keeps things interresting.
- Benjamin Francis Leftwich – 1904 (Manila Killa Remix)
- All About She – Remedy
- Alfred English x Sigrah – Applewash Tropicana
- Moodie – Tell Me Now feat. Oda Storhaug
- Figure – Infinite Lives
- Summer Occasion – Dolores
- Ipunk – Sion
- Jewelz & Scott Sparks – Unless We Forget feat. Quilla (Acoustic Version)
- Sun Glitters – Alone (feat. Sleep Party People)
- Fabulous/Arabia – Perm
- Frankfurt Funk – Off to Planet Boogie
- Smack – Pop
- D I V E R S A – Grand Adventure
- Zardonic & Brainpain – Fucking Up The Program
- Jack Shaw-Paris (Sid Pattni Remix)
- Pharell x Woodkid – Happy (Tim Bryant Remix)
‘Mirage’ is a track that’s almost a year old now, premiered as a free track on Mitch Murder’s own page. The Swede gets remix by Boston based SevnthWonder today. The autotune part might be a bit strange at first, but it’s a great track. Both are incredible.
Easy to forgive when the acapella is a bit off at times. Coeur De Pirate’s ‘Ain’t No Sunshine’ is remixed by a Quebec producer, Robert Robert. Really good listen. Coeur De Pirate’s original is joined by some future beats plus some percussion for extra spice.
- Sam Smith – Stay With Me (Rainer + Grimm Remix)
- Top Cat – Request The Style (Blue Hill Remix)
- Niklas Thal – Traumwelt
- Luminaire – Dream Lowe
- Tom Misch – South East
- MBJ – Nights Out
- Tom Misch – The Journey
- Tom Misch – Risk
- BLACKBIRD BLACKBIRD – 420
- - Krts – What U Want
- Soulsearcher – Can’t Get Enough (Spag Heddy Bootleg)
- St Lucia – Elevate (Silent Gloves Remix)
- Pete Oak & Notize – Love Me Do
- Nico Pusch – Dede
- Arty – Kate (James Woods Remix)
- Home – Scanlines
- Medlar – Lekker
- Frankie Knuckles – The Whistle Song (Mell Starr Revisit)